Sunday, September 07, 2008

ZZ Top

We went to the ZZ Top and Brooks and Dunn show tonight. It was awesome. So first let me explain the tickets. We had good ticket, section 6, row O, seat 1 and 2. But I checked, by chance, ticketmonster on tuesday morning (tuesday same week) and found section 2, row B, seats 28 and 29. Cha Ching, those were bought instantly. Some poor schuck behind me paid $1000 for 4. I sold the other ones at a loss at $80 but thats OK, we had 2nd row. So we figured with the selling at a loss and the good ones we had $200 for 2 tickets. Now the awesome part is toward the end of Brooks and Dunn they let us stand right at the stage. Same for ZZ Top except it was about halfway threw their set.

Now during the Brooks and Dunn segment, which was first, there was a ton of girls rushing the the stage. One well endowed and proud girl kept showing off her good DNA she was blessed with. After that we tended to get a lot more attention from the band on that side of the stage. As a matter of fact Kix Brooks pretty well parked himself on our side of the stage about 4 feet away for the rest of the show. After B&D were over you could see the entire section talking about the situation and cracking up about it. She got a guitar pick. If I would have known it would got me a guitar pick, I would have lifted my shirt too. Who knew.








I'll post more when it's not 1am after the show.

1 comment:

Ellis Darby said...

Nice backlights on that first ZZ pic!
Can you recall: Was that during "Jesus?"

EllisD