Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Living Room Painting Project

Finally some updates. Here is the living room mid-stream. Thankfully my buddy that I was working with on his shed let me borrow the extra hand stand things shown here. This allowed us to pin the plastic to the ceiling then tape the rest. It kept the dust down. Not perfect but less.



Here is the dust removing machine. This would be the box fan we had in Pineville before we had air conditioning. This also was in my apartment in college because we never had functional AC.



Here is what I'm imagining a crack party to look like. I'm thinking this is about 2 kilos. Drywall mud dust is so so tiny and fine it gets into everything. This was the results from one sanding piled about 2" tall.



Fast forward to all sanding done several times over, used a swifer on the walls for the first pass (it worked good too), 3 times around with a damp cloth then once again the next day just in case. You can see one stripe of "frog tape" we are using this time. Its supposed to have truer edges and not bleed through. Pop corn ceilings are hard to seal tape against.



The cut in all the way around.


Making my way around the room. I realize it looks a lot like mud but its actually called chocolate swirl. It spreads more like mud.


All done, hopefully. The coat tonight went on pretty quick, took a lot less and we did it a different way. I would cut in only about 3' at a time and Mandy would roll the wall right behind me. This did keep the "wet edge" and when we left it down stairs tonight it looked perfect. Hopefully it will look good tomorrow and I can get some trim for those 2 walls and we can decide on another paint color for the common wall to the kitchen. Then well be working on it Saturday with any luck.

No comments: