Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm ripping out the wall!

I can't stand. I've finally lost it. They put the power/cable/phone jacks in the dumbest places in this house. The only place you could ever clearly put the TV is on one of two walls, directly in the middle of the wall, neither of which has a power outlet directly behind the TV nor the cable jack. So instead I must string cables across the floor so it looks like pooh in the living room. Since we plan to paint the living room....eventually, this is the time to fix it before we paint. Just like last year when it took 3 weeks or better to prep the master bedroom to paint it we are expecting the same out of living room. So I'm relocating the power outlets, cable jacks and putting in network jacks as well since this is 2009 and this whole "internet" thing is catching on. My TV and XBOX both have a network jack and the XBOX is currently on a wireless adapter. No more dropouts, no more cables everywhere, no more TV not hooked to the world! I'm moving everything and adding network jacks!

So here is the almost before pic. Why do I always forget to take pictures of the projects in their untouched before state. I've only ripped out the trim at this point.



This is something that has irked me ever since I started taking my shoes off at the door. They broke the trim where? Not in the middle of the room which would obviously be behind a couch or TV. No, right by the door so when you kick your shoes off the dirt is drawn to the seam thus exposing the trim cut. Let this be a lesson if you ever get the idea to trim your house out. Spend the extra $3 and get another piece of trim and split the damn thing in the middle of the room, behind the couch/TV where nobody can see it.


I swear, next time I'm buying a house just after framing. I'll do the rest. The same reason I design equipment parts now, don't like it do it yourself. Oh yes, this little project was started at 10pm 6 days before a 4 day Disney trip. What could go wrong?

No comments: