Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Several updates 1/3 (Dog Sitting)

My neighbors took a short vacation and line up pretty much everything then at the last minute realized they forgot to do arrange to do something with their Alaskan Husky, Apolo. Now let it be known, I love a dog. One of these I'll probably have one but we are gone a lot and work late sometimes and I don't think it's fare to keep them cooped up all day nor do I trust them to roam the house, thus, no dog (we have fish).
So they normally let him out in the morning, put him in a cage in the garage and let him out when they kids get home and he's pretty good. So first day we came home, let him out and I played with him a few hours and he was good. I put him up at 10pm and went on about my business. The next morning I drug myself out of bed at 6am and stumbled across the yard. I opened the garage and at 6am even I realized, something smelled a little off. Oh yes, Apolo has done his business all the place and in his little cage, this means all over him. Great, now I know why I don't have a dog. So I got a hold of his collar and held him down low so he wouldn't jump, I didn't want pooh covered paws on me. I took him out back and tried to wash him off the best I could with no caffeine in me. I then proceed back to the garage to get the cage and wash it out. I didn't like it but I couldn't put him back in that. So about 5 mins in began the throwing up. Not Apolo, me. Yes by 6:15 I'm throwing up in the neighbors yard what a day this will be. So I put him back up around 7 and all was well.

Came home, same story except worse. This was to the point me and Mandy had to tie him up and bath him. He smelled much better when we were done. This time we let him stay out until like 11:30 and I walked him around some to try and run anything out of him. The neighbors sent me a message asking how he was, I replied you've got a clean cage and clean dog now.

So help me! 6am and if he wasn't covered in it again! What the hell, he seriously can't hold it for 6hrs?! So we cleaned him up again. Let him run the back in the cage at 7. Off to work thinking about the poor little shitting machine I'm trying to take care of. Came home and thankfully he was mostly OK. Still need the cage cleaned but he wasn't covered like before. Still hosed him off a bit and played with him several hours. This is when I think he realized I was a friend trying to take care of him. He'd greet me with his ears all down and "sorry I shit all over the place" look. None the less he was OK.

The neighbors came home later that night and I now have added dogs to the list of things I don't need but need somebody else to have so I can play with them. This includes kids, dogs, campers and boats. Since he was playing good we got some pictures with him. So here is some pictures of my neighbors dog that made me throw up.




No comments: