Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Several Updates 2/3 (Mandy's Grandma)

Mandy's grandma passed away late tuesday night. She was 95 and would have been 96 on May 18th. She was a very sweet little old lady and from what I hear was quite a cook. I didn't know her all that well as she was well into her 80's when me and Mandy got together though we did visit when ever we came in. I don't remember all the details but I do remember she had 17 great-great-great grand kids! The church was full and it was just realitives!

Funeral's are always a crummy time but after the scare in March I think a lot of the family had come to accept the inevitable and had basically done a lot of grieving already. However that doesn't make it any less sad.

On a positive note, you do get to see some family, weather you want to or not. I was introduced to everybody and for the most part I nodded and agreed politely. Some I knew or had heard enough stories that I thought I knew them. Considered the circumstanceds it was a good trip in to WV and most if not all the stress is removed from Mandy's family.
So since most every picture must feature me, here I am sitting behind the picture. Left to right is Mandy's sister Julie, Mandy and Julie's step-daughter Keisha. On the left in the back is Richard, Mandy's cousin. Me and Mandy picked him up in a snow storm on his way from PA to WV while me and Mandy were in college and I still had dad's 4x4. We all 3 distinctly remember that night. The woman on the right behind the pole I honestly can not recall and Mandy has went to bed. I'll go out on a limb here and say cousin.

Hear is Mandy and Julie again with their cousin Marvin. He's a tall drink of water. Keep in mind, like Ron White says, I'm 6'-2" to 6'-3" depending on what gas station I'm leaving. I look up to him. In that family its a rarity. Mandy had told me he played baseball but when I got to talking to him turns out if was semi-pro baseball. I was quite impressed. This picture was shortly followed by him squatting down (to be funny I thought) then picking both Mandy and Julie up and he never once grunted or winced. I got that picture on his camera and hope to get a copy of it because it was funny.


No comments: