Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Southern Living and Hockey Playoffs

Now I did take some pictures after we got the mulch down but I figured it would look better if we had the before and after side by side in the same post. We've been told excellent, wow, best in the neighborhood and even "it should be on the cover of Southern Living". That last one might be a stretch but I'll take it none the less.

Before:


After:


Flood now you SOB! I covered the drain entry point with 6 bags of pond stones. This allows the run off from the house to slow down before entering the drain. I was then able to cover this with the edge stone. I did have to put a temporary stone down to keep the sand from the driveway from entering my drain. You can also see about half the stones gone.


Here is the other side after we moved some shrubs around and planted some new stuff. Those are marigolds, inpatients to the sides and a hosta to the right with a Mickey Mouse Gnome rain gauge hiding back there too.


I will also add it was the NHL Eastern Division playoffs and the Carolina Hurricanes were playing Pittsburgh for the semi-final round to get to the Stanley Cup playoff final round. Tradition is players and sometimes fans don't shave during the playoffs and it has since been deemed the beard-o-thon. The players and fans often raise money for charity during this time. Since I was off anyway and doing manly dirt digging things I figured I'd let the facial hair go wild and see what I could get in a week or so. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had to trim it since it got pretty fuzzy. So here is out before and after and my dramaticly cool hockey playoff beard. I swear I didn't pose for this Mandy just snapped it.

No comments: