Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Friday follow up

OK, on time today! So the theory goes that locals only go to Magic Kingdom and Studios on the weekend because Animal Kingdom is quick and EPCOT is boring. We've proven this wrong, time and time again. None the less its Friday morning and we are here in plenty of time. Enough time we beat the mouse out of bed and to the opening gates. We strategically line up at the rope drop to briskly walk (fight for survival) to Soarin'.



Robe drop, GO, GO, GO! As the old Space Mountain right up from the then, much thinner unofficial guide said, "this pits mother against father, sister against brother, wife against husband, priest against Rabi..." you get the idea. Hell hath no fury like a man not moving fast enough for Soarin'. You think you get honked at in traffic at a red light? Just try and push a stroller in the no stroller area and dare walk up the left side of the entrance. It's over, oh no you didn't, you best move out-da-way! It's worse than the "Bristol Walk (the previous 2 mile after race, lets beat 160,00 people to the car walk that we used to unwillingly participate in)", worse than any beany baby sale of the late 90's and/or probably rivals most Hanna Montana concert ticket rushes. Thankfully the last 2 I have never experienced first hand. So pardon the blur but I wasn't about to be thrown over the side for stopping to take a picture. Now you know why in the previous right up way down there it says we got our 1 Soarin' ride in.



OK, off Soarin, run like hell to test track and get a fast pass. I didn't post it but Mandy actually managed to time split the fast pass. They were 5 mins apart. Odd, never happened to us before. Ran back and rode Living with the Land, hit the favorite ride (rest room), Mandy took pic, go use fast passes on test track.



Test Track. I made my face for this trip. The "mean Scott" with gritting teeth and rock and roll fingers in the air.



We ate lunch outside of Mexico and it was so so at best. Not quite El Dorado in Cary, NC but it was food. Lets have us a rainbow Margarita! We like Margarita's, how bad could it be? Terrible. Be damned if I'm tossing it at $9 but it was terrible. Not quite the Lady and the Tramp moment here everybody was hoping for but it was the best I could do.

That pretty much did it for EPCOT for us. If I'm remember all this right we left and went back to the room and took a nap. I was whooped. Everything hurt which is pretty normally for EPCOT (Every Person Come Out Tired). Some where I mentioned it was the Flower and Garden Festival so they had tapestries all over the place. I won't bore you with all of them but here is Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. The one in the pink in the front if not a dwarf, btw.

All napped up (does that sound right?) and just thrilled to death to be at Disney I outstretched the arm and got a pic waiting to go back to the Magic Kingdom tonight to try and ride Peter Pan.


Remember what I said about the castle, can't pass it without taking a pic. I could have gotten better a little to the left to eliminate the tree's but I've got 100's of these so I compromised for other family's doing the same.



Back to EPCOT where we met a kid named Andy and his girlfriend on spring break I suppose. They were a riot. We talked with them trying to run from one monorail to the other then we got separated from them. We did end up seeing them again leaving the monorail and got a quick pic of them. I was going to catch him to get his e-mail to send him the shot but couldn't find them again. Hopefully he'll stumble across this and send me a message so I can shoot it to him. No loss if not I guess.
A pic from within the new Space Ship Earth. Kinda cool interactive fun.


Finally a longer exposure shot with no blur. I found a lamp post, set the camera to remote and fired off a few clicks. Not quite postcard worthy but I like it.


This was a "what were we thinking" night. We went all the way back to EPCOT to ride 3 things, walked all the way around world showcase so Mandy could get another pearl and finally back to the room. It was so late the cafeteria was only serving pizza. Yum, pizza at 11:20 pm, how healthy. Oh, we have to checkout tomorrow before we go to the parks and check our bags. What could go wrong here?

No comments: