Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Saturday

We managed to get everything checkout and made it to AK on time. Lots of people here for a Saturday, well, any day. The Expedition Everest walk is pretty much the same as the Soarin' walk so I won't bother you with this. Mandy jumps in the fast pass line again while I anchor the main line. She takes longer than I do so I got back out of line then she got fast passes. Back to the back of the line to ride first thing in teh morning.

Hum, this doesn't look good. Why is the track torn up? Whats up with all the prayer clothes and why is this girl in front of me looking backwards? Expedition Everest is awesome. If you hunt my post back to 2006 January you'll see we got to ride it the day it opened. It's unlike any ride we've ever been on and loads and unloads crazy fast. We've never stood in line more than 30 mins for this one.



Scott: scary gritty teeth face. Mandy: happy nerdy girl is school face. I don't know she was just off on her poses this trip. Have to work on those.



Cats doing what cats do best no matter the size, sleeping. We have some other pics with one asleep on it's back batting it's huge paw in the air like a twitch. Too funny.




Favorite ride pic. Oh yea, thats right, I'm the man and I'm coming our of the bathroom. Look out world, here comes Scott and he's relieved and has clean hands thanks to Brawny (see other post).




It's Tough to be a Bug. But wearing these dorky glasses is easy.

Post fast pass Everest pic from the Disney photographers. It seems I'm not the only one that can manage to get that darn mountain not to wash out and over expose.

We went to see Festival of the Lion King since we hadn't seen it in a while. After the opening song the performers walked off and the manager of the show announced they were having trouble and this performance had been cancelled. They did however let us have a meet and greet with the cast. So I got my picture made with the tumble monkey's.....I'm the one in the middle if you must ask smart asses. These guys are great. They are gymnast by every sense of the word. It's a great show to catch, when it's not cancelled.

I don't know her name and don't even know the part she plays but she is a beautiful singer. I don't honestly know but I swear it's the same woman we've seen every time since 2005.
Flame tree BBQ. How I do love the sandwiches. The seating, not so much. "Sure little middle schoolers, sit down with us, we weren't enjoying quite time enough, just take these seats. I clearly don't give a damn!" It is cool, they have paper straws here for the tree huggers.
So we knocked out Animal Kingdom by 1 and went back to the studios so I could take back a shirt. Sure Scott, get a Large shirt, you've only been wearing an XL since 7th grade, maybe today will be different. Idiot me. So we had to return this one so I could get my TK-421 shirt to fit. If you have to ask, never mind. This is our last shot with the good camera from our trip. Somehow I managed not to take any more at all.
Everything after getting our bags and getting on the Magical Express pretty much sucked. There was this needy, crying family behind us on the bus, same family in the check in line for Southwest, oh and wait, they are on our plane. How nice. It poured the rain so hard the pilot asked the flight attendants to be seated. Got wet luggage, my bag got searched (flowers in the suite case much look odd), we got drenched since it was pouring in Raleigh. We finally made it home a little after 10. We upgraded our tickets to annual passes since we'll be back in December. Had to rebook our December trip to take the tickets off that one. People, I've done my part to stimulate the economy, it's somebody elses turn. You can find me playing XBOX360 on my new TV or looking at my pictures from my trip. I'm done.

No comments: