Friday, April 24, 2009

Jimmy Buffett in Concert SummerZcool Tour

Fist off if the pictures suck give me a break. We bought this camera yesterday with the sole intention of taking it to the concert. Our old point and shoot lived a good life but it was time to move on. So we got this nice little Canon A1000 IS. Seems to be a good little camera but I found out this morning it has no Tv, Av or M modes. If you scratching your head wondering what that is, you probably wouldn't miss them.

OK, so back to the concert. We had some awesome seats and you can see from my cell phone pic below. We were 9 rows back, almost dead center. Closer is cooler but we could see the entire stage which is what you really want. No sore neck from looking up the entire time either. I've been fortunate enough to have front row tickets a few times and while it is pretty awesome. 8-15 rows back is the best spot by far. All in all this was a great concert experience. We got parked pretty quick, not to bad of a hike, snuck the camera in with no problems, only a little beer spilled on me and no flat tires or wrecks on the way out. Funny, I now consider, "a little beer spilled" perfectly acceptable like its supposed to happen.

So here's about mid show Jimmy and Mac sung "Come Monday" with just the two of them and acoustic guitars. Very cool.

I don't recall the song but it's a good picture.

Fins up, fins up! It's really hard to explain going to a Buffett concert. You just have to see it to believe it. So here we are at the start of a feeding frenzy.

I tried not to make this too shaky but I like it. Fins to the left, fins to the right. You get the idea, just push play.
They took a quick break after this one like they always do. The lights went out as usual and this huge security guard came down the aisle in front of us which we found off because there was really nothing going on. He gets this little girl, maybe 7 or 8, that was on her dad's shoulders and had been singing every song word for word all night. The security guard gave her something. Oh wait, it's Jimmy's flip flops that are now autographed! Holy crap! Everybody around her was pretty excited for her and she knew exactly what she had. When Jimmy came back out he looked right at her and give her the thumbs up as she waved the flip flops back and forth. How awesome is that. I'm watching for them on Ebay.
One of the last songs, The Beatles - Yellow Submarine. Yes, you get to hear just about anything you can imagine at a Buffett concert.
So he finished with "He went to Paris" which is a favorite of pretty much everybody. Just him and an acoustic guitar on stage. It's 1am and I really wish I could do it all over again tomorrow. Never fear though, ZZ Top and Aerosmith are touring together this year, Metallica is coming sometime, Mandy won tickets to two different other shows and who knows who else we'll see this year. Sometimes, it's just good to be me and I am thoroughly glad I am.

No comments: