Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Thursday's follow up

Okie dokie, lots of pictures this time. Today was wide open. We were late as I had in a previous post. By late I mean 15 minutes after the park opened. So new plan, back to the "unofficial guide" plan. We got a fast pass for the Tower of Terror, dare I say, no time for a picture! Then ran to stand in line for Rockin Roller Coaster. Then we both rode our favorite ride of all the parks, I am of course referring to the restroom. So I stopped to take a pic.



On to the newest area in the Pixar Studio area and we went for Toy Story Mania which honestly is worth the price of admission to the park. It is so much fun. Mandy was in the fast pass line for this for like 20 mins. I actually go in the regular line, then back out to wait on her. We sucked it up and stood there and planned to come back later as well. Good thing, Saturday this wait was 90 minutes. Ours was only about 15-20.



As you can see below, I won. Mandy of course is a graceful loser and then blamed everything on her gun, the cart, her glasses, etc. You get the idea. I will add we had a war wound and I swear I pulled something in my back.....but I won and thats what counts. Because 2nd is the first loser.




I love the Muppet's. Mandy and/or Mom got me the Muppet's season 1 and 2 for Christmas. I was glued to the TV for hours. Poor Beaker. "mi mi mi mi mi"


The top hat from Fantasia. Not the chick on American Idol either.



So we left the park to head to EPCOT because Mandy wanted to see the candy lady in Japan that did the Candy art. She saw it on the Travel Channel when Samantha Brown was talking to her. Which was Jan last year, when we saw Samantha, but no candy lady.


Well we were like an hour or better early to EPCOT. We took the boat from the Studios to EPCOT which take like 45 mins with 3 stops in between but it was a really nice day and seeing The Swan and Dolphin, Beach Club and The Boardwalk is always fun from the boat. Since we did manage to get there early we took a quick walk to England and stumbled across King Arther and the search for the Holy Grail (Grail, Grail, Hugh!) These guys were a riot. I don't know how we ever missed them before. What did we see? "Rubbish!" and the King, "Gitchy, Gitchy, ya ya baby!". You really just have to see it and participate to understand it all. It was my kind of humor.


Finally this candy art lady. This stuff is like 200 degrees and she's tossing it around with her bare hands. She just asks people in the crowd what you want and she just starts shaping. She does this in like 2 minutes, I swear. It's pretty unique little present and you can't buy them, you just have to stand and hope she asks you. After 4 animals, I was done.


After this we made our way back to the Studios to use our fast passes and play Toy Story Mania one more time. Which we didn't know but would be our last this trip. As you can see below, I won again. Mandy was even ahead and I was injured (see above post). I still made an triumphant comeback and won by 700 points and to quote Ricky Bobby - "If you ain't first, you're last. You know, you know what I'm talking about? That there is trademarked, not to be used without written permission of Ricky Bobby, Inc."



Then she felt bad and she cried because I surprised her with flowers. Tee Hee. You can sorta see me in the background of the mirror. Notice our towel animals. We got a duck and a rabbit this time.

No comments: