Saturday, January 10, 2009

Played paintball again today....ug.

No picutures to show this time around but we went out and played paintball again today. My neighbor, Will, went with us and 11 other guys from work met us too. We had a good time and quickly remembered how out of shape we were and how a ball filled with paint traveling at 250 ft/sec hurts. We played about 5 hours I guess and in one game even included a lot of the local kids, the so called walk-ons. These little punks have $300 guns that run on nitrogen and shoot something like 10 times per second. These were also accurate has hell. So when you got hit, you got hit a lot and you damn well knew you were hit and if that didn't work they popped you 5 more times before you got your "I'm out" hand up. That lasted about 5 mins and we said, nope, not again. Ever been schooled by a 12 year old that has no concept his daddy is buying boxes of paint at $40 a pop and he's going through them like I do mountain dew. It's not pretty.

So at last count I had 14 welps about the size of silver dollars so I suppose I did OK. Mandy has a nasty looking dark purple bruise on her back where somebody got her good and her legs were ate up. Will did a little better but his back was dotted pretty hard. ....and yet, we actually paid to do this, we weren't forced into it. Crazy.

No comments: