Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You might be a redneck if....

...you've ever taken a camera to a liquor store.

To those that aren't in the "know" this is Junior Johnson. One of the fathers of modern day NASCAR. To this day he'll tell you the fastest car he ever drove was his shine' car! People, that's saying something! I've been 140mph on a track and he used to do it on dirt roads with the lights off...but faster. He's as personable a guy as you'd ever meet and probably doesn't care how famous he really is. None the less we stood in line outside the ABC store at Lowe's Motor Speedway to get his autograph (the 2nd time for me) on a bottle of legal moonshine sold under his name, "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon". This picture was when we got 2 bottles for Mandy's dad and brother-in-law, which I guess is technically my brother-in-law too but no need to try and sort it all out. We didn't want to post the picture before Christmas since Mandy's sister, Julie (hi Julie) checks out my blog on occasion.  Out of my 22 famous autographs I have (I just counted them) this is probably one of my favorites. It wasn't like I stood in the sun for hours or had to stalk him to get it, it's just cool to have an autograph from somebody who is kind of a hero to you. Now if I can only corner Jimmy Buffett and Billy Gibbons, I'll be set.





No comments: