Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow in NC? Seriously?

Yep, snow in NC. 2 days ago they said this was going to be a dusting, maybe 2". Well it came down good, shut down schools, places of employment and cleared the grocery store shelves of milk, eggs and bread in case there is a mass breakout for the need of french toast I suppose. Even good ol' Caterpillar shut down today due to road conditions. All in all we probably will have 5" of snow when it quites.  We got out and played with the neighbors, their kids, their new Siberian Husky pup, another neighbor and their kid's and yet another neighborhood kid. We had a good time with 7 kids, 5 adults and a dog. Myself, I really enjoyed watching the dog bounce through the snow more than anything, I've seen kids play in the snow. I don't have a dog so its fun to watch him play around. Especially being in his element. Then sometime or another all the kids decide it's time to "get Scott" so I've got kids hanging off me every which way. We had fun and thank goodness I had goggles. 

Mandy also wanted me to add that Friday it's supposed to be 60.


This is our back porch. This was the biggest drift we could find, 4 1/2" of snow.

Mandy standing in the road in the snow.

Myself with all my ski gear. I'm not going down in a snowball battle without a fight.


No comments: