Monday, January 26, 2009

Polishing the wheels

Well with the break through of the headlights finally being wired up I figured I'd better get the ol' girl back into shape. So I vacuumed out the inside and put the center console back together. I'm about positive I cleaned this truck before I parked it but somehow the entire inside was just nasty. That will be an entirely different story and well get to that later. On to the wheels.

First, I'd just like to shake the man's hand that invented the Mother's Powerball and billet aluminum polish. Wow. I can't even begin to tell you the difference. I thought these wheels looked pretty good to start with but once I put the polish to them and the power ball it just cleaned them right up. I could probably put some more time into them but they'll look good enough for me. I'm not trying to sale them or win a car show just yet so they'll do.

This is the before, pretty shiny I thought.



This is the after (obviously). What a difference.



I tell you it's unbelievable. I also have a fond memory of having black polish under my finger nails and soaked into every pour so now I smell like polish. After my last set of wheels I polished by hand in my college apartment, I swore I'd never have another set of polished aluminum wheels. I couldn't pass these up and now that they look this good I'm pretty happy about buying them. I'd also like to add my wedding ring has never been brighter!

No comments: